For those who want to draw closer to God but may not know how, here’s a few tips (in no particular order):
1. Give God thanks- Despite all that’s going on, surely there are things to express gratitude to God for.
2. Pray- Talk to the Lord, tell Him what’s on your heart and mind.
3. Read and meditate on His Word: Take time to read the Bible (in a translation you understand). You can start with a topic or a theme that may connect to your situation or feelings.
4. Confess and repent- Declare (and practice) turning away from behaviors that you discover through reading God’s Word, are not pleasing to Him or against His ways.
5. Practice forgiveness and show love- What are you holding on to, who do you have grudges against? Forgiveness and love helps develop the sincere Christ-like qualities within us and brings out humility.
This is not an exhaustive list but I think it’s a good starting point. I believe these steps will help open us to become more in tune with God’s Word and His will for our lives.
Isaiah 55:6- Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.